RDP Issue: The Function requested is not supported

Recently I started facing following error while trying to connect to one of my Windows server using RDP.

An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is not supported.

This was because of the recent patch related to security "Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4093112)" installed on the client but related equivalent patch not installed on server. The server was not patched with updates but the client was and hence the issue. So I uninstalled the patch from the client, then when tried to RDP the server and I was able to. I then patched the server with necessary updates and later applied the updates the client as well.

Comments

Make Money from Surveys

Popular posts from this blog

The current master key cannot be decrypted

Schema.Object has an unresolved reference to Schema

Remove dateModified related warning appearing during Structured data testing